Monday, March 11, 2013

Royal Navy Quickie

Slight disappointment to share tonight. Went at my swatch wheel last night with my two new jelly's and one crelly. Orly Sweet Tart performed beautifully and I enjoyed Orly Pink Nude more than I thought I would but Orly Royal Navy was a bust :(. In my googling it was typically referred to as a jelly with shimmer. While the first coat is a bit jelly-esque the second coat appears to make it opaque and unfortunately turned my silver glitter layer of the sandwich into blackened blue flecks.  
 
My swatch wheels are an off white not clear so I cant be certain but the base is not visible through the polish even under direct bright lighting, not what I was hoping for. I may have a wonky bottle though. When I opened it there was a good amount (maybe a bit over 1/4 teaspoon) of clear liquid separated from the rest. It took a lot of shaking to get it mixed back in, not something I normally do to a polish but it was being stubborn about it.
 
I think the formula may have been altered since the posts I read as all of them mentioned and showed how the shimmer had settled rather densely at the bottom of the bottle leaving you with a mostly clear jelly cobalt. My bottle before mixing the mystery substance back in had evenly distributed shimmer. Generally something you would want in my case not so much.
 
Still a pretty color just not my style may end up swapping that one down the line. I might wear it once just to give it a chance to grow on me who knows. Either way I have LynBDesigns Sacre Blurple mini on its way that should fulfill what I'm looking for. I have yet to spot Revlon Royal IRL so that will have to do. 
 
That's all for tonight. Apologies for the Lack of photos, been wearing the same mani for about a week now which is unusual for me. Need to make some time after my pedi to get something fresh on my hands ASAP. Have a great evening all XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment