Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Coconut Vanilla Scrub

Good evening everyone!
As im attempting to fix up this place I thought to share a recipe of mine I use quite often coconut vanilla scrub hope you enjoy it :).
 

Coconut Vanilla Scrub

1 Part Sea Salt
2 Parts Sugar Of Choice (I use vegan white since its cheap)
Full Fat Coconut Milk
Coconut Oil
Vanilla Extract
 
Pretty simple, done in parts so you can make as much or as little as you like. To give credit where due this was inspired by a non-vegan recipe I learned at The Beauty Bottle Forum. Since I am allergic to cows dairy and prefer vegan products I did a little tweaking.


To ease mixing I pour a small amount of coconut milk in the bottom of a 8 - 10oz jar, add salt then sugar, mix granules throughly without blending in the coconut milk, add 2 - 4 tablespoons coconut oil gently warmed if needed but NOT hot, add vanilla extract, mix all layers throughly, lastly add enough coconut milk till you get to the consistancy of a slightly runny paste thicker if you do not intend to store it. If you wont be using this all at once you can freeze for about 3 months. As long as the paste is runny it wont freeze solid due to the salt. If your batch freezes too hard thaw at room tempuature and add more coconut milk. Important NOT to HEAT it or the salt and sugar crystals will dissolve.
 
I use this in the evening every other day after washing my hands. I use enough to apply to my hands and up to my elbows, scrub for 30 seconds to 2 minutes, rinse under coolish water, and gently pat dry so you dont remove the new oil barier. Most people wont need to use this as often or as vigorously as I do but I have severe eczema and I find this a soothing treatment to deal with the excessive flaking.
 
This can also be used as a body or facial scrub. It is best applied to damp skin as oil will prevent the moisture from evaporating so quickly leaving you soft glowy.
 
Hope you enjoy the recipe :) goodnight all!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment